Tuesday, August 11, 2009

back to the music

I made the trip to the University of Western Australia for choir practice. There is one undergraduate for three universities in Perth. It is a 45 minute commute, but after a night of practice I decided it is going to be worth it. I miss choir, and I can't believe it has been two years since I have sang in one. I was relieved that one of the pieces we sang was one I performed in high school my senior year. The majority of the choir members were older than undergraduate. Apparently their fees are higher, but they are still welcome to join. I was amazed that the same choir stereotypes (sopranos are divas, bass men never stop mocking altos) still existed in a totally different culture. I have been sadden by all the rain the next couple of days, but I am looking forward to cooking a new dish with some of my friends tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment