Monday, October 19, 2009

30 days


That was the thought that hit me when I got out of bed this morning. In 30 short days, I am getting on a plane and starting the journey back to the states. Is it just me, or did this go really fast? I know some people who would tell you my absence has been far from easy, but I am shocked at how quickly I have settled into a pattern of life here. Honestly, there are some days i forget I am on the other side of the world. It feels like a home now, and I could picture my family living right down the road (even though that will never happen). So what did I do after I had this actualization this morning? I worked, all day, on the big essays I have due for the end of the semester. Pretty awful, right? Well don't feel sorry for me because I am going to Melbourne this weekend, and I am not taking my work with me. I also spent the whole weekend at the beach in 80 degree weather. This is a picture of Cottesloe Beach. So this day was much needed. They really know how to pile all the work on at the end though, that is some universal college thing. I hope you like the pictures from the ball. It was great to get dressed up fancy for something. I going to take this last month and make sure, while finishing my work, I live a little everyday in the australian culture. I will be eating tim tams and saying g'day a little more as my adventure comes to a close. I will spend a few days in Sydney when I leave Perth, and then take a two week vacation to New Zealand before coming home. My flight plans are almost laughable, but I will share that with you later. Enjoy your cold weather!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment