Friday, July 24, 2009

LAX


I'm sitting in the lounge waiting for my flight to leave for Australia. I had a magical time with mom at the resort these last few days ( except for all the LA traffic). We didn't have the internet, and that was probably a good thing since I was inspired to rant about so many things (plastic surgery, the way people treat the beach, and so on) but we are all better off if I keep that to myself. To sum it all up, California is beautiful, and nature is truly better off without human interference. The snails were my favorite part. I am sitting here with a mix of fear and excitement. Saying good bye to my mom was hard, and I will miss being tucked in at night. I am looking forward to the adventure and the learning experience, but fear not finding my place in a strange culture. I hope to use this trip as a path of self discovery. I look around me and everyone seems so certain of their path, their jobs, and their place in society. Striving to do the same, the new environment of Perth will hopefully provide me with a clearer view of my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment