Sunday, July 26, 2009

freezing in Freo

I'm settled in and having a wonderful time. At first, my roommates seemed removed, but on my second night here they cooked me dinner. We are spending the evening chatting about school before I leave for my trip to the south tomorrow. We will be in Denmark, West Australia seeing some of beautiful parts of the countryside. To prepare, I braved public transportation and went into Freemantle to shop for some supplies. The town is lovely, and our family friends were right about the fish and chips. They were delicious! I was especially shocked to see a 30 foot yacht roll up to the restaurant and get carry-outs. I would have to say the worst part of the trip so far are the birds. They are loud and annoying, and apparently when it gets warm out they start nesting and attacking people. Get excited for that! I will write if I can while I am on the trip, otherwise I will report back on my return.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a blanket. Congratulations on your arrival down under!! xxooxx Mom

    ReplyDelete